Friday, May 22, 2009

Realization of the importance of supplements and eating well!

This week I have just gone through my own "Science Experiment". To give you background as of January I started taking medication to deal with my "not feeling right symptoms" that I found were "not normal."

Since March I have stopped taking my perscription medication to assist in this and had begun to only take supplements and I felt great.

Well I ran out of my probiotic and digestive enzymes and the first few days I thought no big deal, I'll be ok, re-order them and then start back up. So a few more days pass and I'm starting to not feel to hot. I finally get my digestive enzymes and feel a little better, but still not right at this point and it had been a week.

I now have caught a cold, I'm cold all the time, my sleep isn't good, I have bags under my eyes, my head isn't clear, I'm in the bathroom all the time, oh no not again! Most of my symptoms are back! I asked a friend if I can have a few of her probiotics (she recommended them to me). She also gives me some fermented salsa to settle my stomach. I wait and hope my order comes soon... I call to check on my order and I have to wait two more weeks! So needles to say I am going to try a new probiotic until it comes in.

Why I shared this: I wanted to share this because I'm sure parents wonder is this working for their children? Is it worth the haasel?

Let me speak for Your/Our children: IT IS WORTH IT! it is so worth it! The way I felt last month compared to this week is crazy. I know its worth all the work I put in, that YOU put in. I can't wait to get my body back to where it was just a month ago.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy the probiotics helped you. Thanks for sharing how much better they made you feel. I am reading a book called the PROBIOTIC REVOLUTION all about how important good gut flora is.

    ReplyDelete