Monday, February 1, 2010

New month New Goal February

To keep up with my monthly goals I decided to work on reducing my high fructose corn syrup. The verdict is still out in regards if it is Ok to eat or not, but I have decided to see if limiting it would help me to be healthier.

Sweets will be harder for me as it's my birthday month and Valentine's Day :)

So this month I will focus on natural sweets and decrease processed sweets. It's interesting because I don't consume a lot of natural sweets, I have learned my favorite sweetener is not recommended anymore... agave nectar. So this month I will reduce the use of agave nectar and also find a substitute sweetener by the end of the month.
Check out: http://blogs.mercola.com/sites/vitalvotes/archive/2009/06/16/agave-a-triumph-of-marketing-over-truth.aspx for more information on agave nectar.

It is important to read labels in general and that is where most people can begin to make changes. So all labels I can read I will avoid high fructose corn syrup. Wish me luck!
To read more why high fructose corn syrup isn't recommended check out:
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/01/26/Sugar-May-Be-Bad-But-This-Sweetener-Is-Far-More-Deadly-Part-2.aspx

Hope all is well with everyone and each and all are reaching your goals.

Please share I look forward to hearing from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment