Sunday, May 30, 2010

Fear, working through and on

Where did the time go. This month flew right by! My focus this month has been stepping out of fear. People sometimes forget what fear really is. For me fear happens in many forms. I'm not sure if it's from past experiences or just thoughts in my head. One fear I worked through this month is roller coasters. I let go of my thoughts, rode the rides with my eyes open and actually enjoyed it. Felt good to just let go.

Also the fear of the unknown is something that is hard for me. I have decided to start my private practice New Steps Forward (www.newstepsforward.net) officially January 2011 and setting things up now for that to happen. That starts with a new focus and ending another focus. TMS Holistic Health as always will remain my passion and I will continue to have my website and such, just no newsletters. This is getting past a fear because my school set me up for TMS Holistic Health. Many people are out there as Holistic Health Coaches/Counselors. There are not many if any Holistic Parent Educators. So I am stepping into the fear and creating something that is new, but much needed for all parents!

So is there anything that you have done that required you to step into fear? What was it like? What were the end results? Feel free to leave comments and let me know.

Here are something to take with you when fear comes across your past!
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?" - Institute of Integrative Nutrition

Actually, who are you not to be? You have the control to be who you want to be! You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

Excerpted from A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of a Course in Miracles, by Marianne Williamson.

No comments:

Post a Comment