Thursday, April 22, 2010

Get up and Move

Hello everyone. Time for the monthly goal update! Although the weather has not been cooperating, this month I have focused on working out 4 times a week. So far so good and I am increasing how long I work out each week. My end result by the end of the month I will be at 1 hour 4x's a week.
Wish me luck!

Has anyone set any work out goals this year that need to be refreshed?  Starting my day off with a little movement increases my energy for the day!

Please post a comment and let us know how working out (or not working out) has affected you.

Here are 5 reasons to incorporate exercising into your day and or week!

1. To keep you young - Did you know working out can increase the amount of oxygen consumed and can stimulate new brain cells.
2. To reduce infections - Moderate workouts temporarily revs-up the immune system. The more you work out the more your immune system gets a boost.
3. To control blood sugar - by exercising you help to maintain a healthy blood-sugar level by which can help to control your weight.
4. To combat stress - Regular exercise lowers levels of stress hormones. It has been known to relieve depression as effective as antidepressant medication.
5. To prolong life - Studies have shown that being more active cuts the risk of premature death.

These were adapted from Consumers Reports September 2007.

No comments:

Post a Comment