Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Biofilm protocol

So after much debate I am following the biofilm protocal. After speaking with my dear friend Kirstin (http://www.whattofeedyourkids.com/) and seeing how well herself and her family improved I had to give it a try. I had my last NY appointment with my favorite registered dietician Geri Brewster (www.geribrewster.com ), and she explained the protocol. The research online goes back and forth so I figured I would keep a log of my experience and shed some light on this.

One of the reasons I decided to go with Geri's protocal is because it seems less invasive then the one recommended by Dr. Usman. A few people I spoke to said it would be so harsh on the body. Geri has me moving through the process slowly.

For the first 3 days I'm only taking 1 Interfase Enzyme on an empty stomach then a half hour later 1 prebiotic and 1 probiotic. Then for 7 more days I will add the antimicrobial agent. So far so good it's day 3.

So your asking what is this biofilm stuff? I have read the info and it has been explained and it's still a bit of a mystery to me. Sometimes in the process of healing yourself and your kids you have to take chances so that is what I'm doing and at a slow pace. In a nutshell this is what I understand the biofilm protocal to be: It is used to rid the body of yeast and bacteria using a 3 step process twice a day for 2 months. (the protocal I'm following is once a day and the second round I will increase to 2 pills each and once the interface is done I will begin the cycle again with the interfase plus). You have biofilm in your body and it has a job. Why you need to re-work the biofilm is because it is not doing it's job and your body is reacting in other ways. The biofilm protocol will bring your body back to a happy place. What we have all learned is if your body is not doing it's job then other problems can arise.

Geri is working close with me on this and we will make changes as needed. Not one protocol is right for everyone. To me that is the most important thing to remember. You need to be aware what is going on at all times. If you don't feel right or the "die off" reaction is too strong then you need to re-evaluate.

Stay tune for the next update.

2 comments:

  1. Not sure why Geri's website is not coming up it's: www.geribrewster.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. When do you add the antimicrobial relative to the interFase and the pre-and pro biotics?

    I'm going to try one version or another of this soon and am looking at the various options and experiences. Also curious to know what organisms you are trying to address.

    ReplyDelete