Thursday, August 13, 2009

Diets no more!

So over the last couple weeks I have been having an ephany after ephany. It really started when I almost began the cookie diet. Anybody hear of the cookie diet? Well I almost tried it today, eat 6 cookies a day (or shakes or muffins) and have a light meal at the end of the day (lean meat and vegetables). I forced myself to eat one cookie (got through about 5 bites) tried two bites a little later to see and spit it out. Then for lunch I had the muffin. It didn't taste as bad, but it kept expanding in my mouth and with every bite I had to have water to get it down.

That is when I realized I can not do this 6 times a day and remembered why I began this holistic heath journey in the first place. I was tired of the quick fix, the easy way to results. Being on that journey where I would lose the weight then get off the ride or diet, go past the size I was to an even bigger size and start the journey again...

For me I feel like I have been a bipolar dieter. I went from one extreme to the next. Anything to get the weight off! What about keeping it off? That has been my next challenge. Anyone who knows me knows I can go from size 14 to size 22 to size 6 to size 12. With minimal work I stay a size 16.

I'm ready to find MY size. If its 16 that's fine, but I want to feel healthy and look healthy in my skin and trully know I'm eating healthy.

So I'm sure you want to know how... well with my move to CA, it will be easier to start fresh. I'm going to trully eat better and be more active. As a Holistic Health Counselor better isn't low fat, reduced fat, low calorie. Its more about listening to your body eating whole grains, cleaner foods (local and organic) and increase my fruits and vegetables. I'll keep you updated and let you in on some secrets as things fall into place.

This journey is how TMS Holistic Health is born! Check out my website for more info:
www.tiamariesmith.com

No comments:

Post a Comment